Once upon a time, a little girl was asked what she did at her summer day camp, and she said that she played “magic”. When she was asked what this meant, she said that she made up “spells to kill the baby”. For us, this expression has come to describe the often-times unflattering fantasizing people do when they find themselves in undesirable situations which they are powerless to change.
H E A D L I N EFind out who makes what we think is the best illuminated eReader on the market today, and who we think is the worst company selling them.
just say “no” to Kobo
- California cancer patient with amnesia faces identity crisis
- Man in wheelchair robs New York bank, gets away
- Will pope chew coca leaves in Bolivia? 'Wait and see,' Vatican says
- Paris time lords extend Greek deadline - by a second
- Milwaukee museum to display portrait of pope made of condoms
- Decapitated animal carcasses stymie investigators in California capital
- Egg throwing contest claims centuries-old tradition
- Cult of personality: Turkmen leader gets park tribute on birthday
- Disney bans selfie sticks at theme parks over safety concerns
- Oregon men hospitalized, recovering after rare beaver attack
- Watch out for aggressive, big bird, Britons told
- German robbers chased away by shopkeeper wielding vacuum cleaner
- Colorado man wakes to find black bear nibbling ankle: local paper
- Canada police apologize after sex talk broadcast from helicopter
- Brave kitty stares down mountain lion in viral Colorado video
- Berlin Zoo puts down star polar bear cub Knut's aging mother
- Woman carrying cocaine in breast implants arrested at Colombia airport
- Thousands lose power when naked woman crashes into Seattle-area utility pole
- Here comes the bride, all dressed in ... toilet paper?
- Italian couple run onto airport tarmac to stop plane in Malta