Once upon a time, a little girl was asked what she did at her summer day camp, and she said that she played “magic”. When she was asked what this meant, she said that she made up “spells to kill the baby”. For us, this expression has come to describe the often-times unflattering fantasizing people do when they find themselves in undesirable situations which they are powerless to change.
H E A D L I N EFind out who makes what we think is the best illuminated eReader on the market today, and who we think is the worst company selling them.
just say “no” to Kobo
- Fugitive-turned-actor arrested after U.S. Marshals read film write-up
- Lion sighted in Milwaukee, police close streets in area
- San Francisco combats the stench of urine with pee-repellant paint
- Canada's top court finally ends decades-old contamination case
- Dog shot in Milwaukee following reports of lion on the prowl
- Dracula wants your blood: for Transylvania music gig
- Natural History Museum's huge dinosaur skeleton to go on tour
- Pennsylvania couple rents chickens to egg fans, urban farmers
- Massachusetts official faces charges for painting crosswalks
- French tobacconists sabotage speed cameras in cigarette packaging protest
- Police find 1,200 guns at dead man's Los Angeles house
- Buffett says reports that he bought Greek island 'a total fabrication'
- 'I'm not quitting,' says hunter of Loch Ness monster
- World Santa Congress brings July Christmas cheer to Copenhagen
- Stressed Italian cows get air-conditioned sheds to combat heatwave
- Oregon children take un-detonated mortar shell to play date
- Trump campaign mistakenly tweets star-spangled Nazis
- Huge carp found in Kansas ditch is no fish story
- Two Utah teens livestream ice cream burglary, get scooped up
- Hundreds of sex toys dangling from power lines in Portland, Oregon