Once upon a time, a little girl was asked what she did at her summer day camp, and she said that she played “magic”. When she was asked what this meant, she said that she made up “spells to kill the baby”. For us, this expression has come to describe the often-times unflattering fantasizing people do when they find themselves in undesirable situations which they are powerless to change.
H E A D L I N EFind out who makes what we think is the best illuminated eReader on the market today, and who we think is the worst company selling them.
just say “no” to Kobo
- Man scales Colosseum to protest Rome Holy Year crackdown
- Broad smiles and enduring spirit at Holocaust survivors' beauty contest
- Tanzania scraps government Christmas cards to save cash
- Man pleads guilty to stealing human brains from Indiana medical museum
- Russia's past and present collide at ceremony to honor former leader
- Ohio woman fined for damaging county office with glitter, 'silly string'
- Rome banishes centurion impersonators ahead of Holy Year
- Georgia sheriff declares his community 'politically incorrect'
- Belgian tourist boards parade cats to lure back tourists after lockdown
- Mao's Little Red Book makes surprise appearance in UK parliament chamber
- Singapore slashes publication bans, but not for Jehovah's Witnesses
- Baby in swaddling clothes found in manger at New York church
- UK wife who poisoned husband is foiled by spelling mistake
- Texas police arrest suspect in 'Cookie Monster' armed robberies
- Italy police seize 221 toy trains from bribery suspect
- Singapore megachurch leaders sentenced to jail for pop music fraud
- University of North Dakota adopts 'Fighting Hawks' as new nickname
- Zebras escape circus, roam Philadelphia streets for about an hour
- Job applicant at Michigan sheriff's office arrested on sex charges
- Escape claws: Tigers, piranhas may join Indonesia crocodile prison guard